General Liability Coverage
The Victory Non-Admitted Contractor Program provides General Liability Coverage for artisan/trade contractors for both commercial and residential work. It is designed to meet the needs of small artisan contactors conducting business within the trades and construction industry. Credit is available for the service, repair and replacement ONLY risks. See the eligible classes for a list of construction and service contractors we can write. Contractors are also limited by their size. The maximum allowable exposures are receipts of $1,500,000 ($2,000,000 for renewals), payroll of $500,000, subcontractor costs of $400,000 or premium of $15,000. For Applicants exceeding these exposures, please submit through our Victory Non-Admitted Plus Program. Policies may be written for one year and renewed annually. See rating for definition of payrolls. The AmTrust No Loss Warranty Form is accepted in lieu of loss runs for accounts with premium less than $7,500.
You can submit artisan contractors who perform new construction in tract home subdivisions of up to 15 homes. A tract development is defined as: A project or premise in which multiple architecturally identical, nearly-identical, or similar homes are built.
Contractors performing 100% service and repair work for residential and commercial projects are given special consideration in the program. Additionally, we accept small remodeling General Contractors, including those who complete room additions.
Limits and deductible
Premises/Operations with selected limits of insurance including Products/Completed Operations, Personal Injury and Advertising Injury, Fire Damage - $100,000 and Medical Expense - $5,000 coverage is provided on an occurrence basis.
The deductible applies to property damage and bodily injury on a per claim basis.
Explanation of Subcontractors
The Victory Non-Admitted Program allows up to $400,000 in subcontractor costs. For subcontractor costs exceeding $400,000, quote the risk in the Victory Non-Admitted Plus Program. All subcontractors must name the Applicant as an Additional Insured on the subcontractors' policies (provide the Applicant with an AI and certificate showing this) and carry limits of insurance as follows:
- If Applicant's occurrence limits are $500,000: Subcontractor's limits need to be $500,000 or higher for occurrence AND aggregate OR
- If Applicant's occurrence limits are $1,000,000: Subcontractor's limits need to be $1,000,000 or higher for occurrence AND aggregate
General Liability premiums and exposures are subject to final audit. Earned premium for the exposure will be determined at the end of the policy period.
Waiver of Premium
Additional or return premium account balances of $10.00 or less will be waived.
RISKS CANCELLED OR NON-RENEWED BY ANOTHER COMPANY
Please refer any risk that has been cancelled or non-renewed to Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services, Inc. prior to submission. We ask that full information regarding the reason for cancellation or non-renewal and the conditions or preventive steps taken by the Applicant be provided.
Policies will be prorated (without penalties) when cancelled for one of the following reasons:
- At the request of the carrier
- Nonpayment of premium
- Insured no longer has a financial or insurable interest in the property or business operations
When a policy is cancelled for any reason other than outlined above, a short rate penalty of 10% of the prorated unearned premium will apply.
To avoid a lapse in coverage, all outstanding issues must be addressed and/or payments must be received by Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services, Inc. prior to the cancellation date.
Additional Insureds and Certificates of Insurance
Brokers have the authority to issue Certificates of Insurance and to attach the Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement Form NX GL 189 (CG 2010 07-04 equivalent) to the certificate. If any special wording is required on the Additional Insured endorsement, then the request must be submitted to BTIS for issuance.
The Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement Form NX GL 189 (CG 2010 07-04 equivalent) is available for all risks at no premium charge and will be attached to all policies.
The Scheduled Additional Insured Endorsement Form NX GL 188 (CG 2010 11-85 equivalent) is available for a one time fully earned premium of $500 per policy term. This form excludes any residential work.
The CG 2037* is available for specific jobs where the risk is service and repair only:
- Home Depot or Lowes - no additional premium
- Contract directly for the homeowner - no additional premium
- Commercial work - no additional premium
- Work for a residential General Contractor, contract value under $15,000 - no additional premium
- Work for a residential General Contractor, contract value over $15,000 - $250 per endorsement
*Form CG 3263 is used for Oregon policies.
Annual Minimum Premiums
General Liability Limit
Occurrence GL form (CG 00 01)
Varies By State
Occurrence form with Manifestation Provision
Varies By State
Definition of Payroll Allocation
Includes proprietors, partners and officers active in the business - except those that exclusively handle clerical duties. Minimum payroll for each active owner varies by state. If all owners are clerical or sales, then the minimum payroll is charged for one owner only (plus any employee payroll).
Employee Payroll Includes
Payroll of employees (exclusions noted below), clean up workers, tradesmen, casual laborers, leased employees and labor pool personnel.
Employee Payroll Does Not Include
Proprietors, partners, officers, sales only and clerical office employees.
Explanation of Subcontractors and Their Cost
If subcontractors are used then you will need the total cost of payment to those subcontractors. The operations performed by the subcontractors for the Applicant will also be required (i.e.: painting, flooring, etc.).
Available deductibles range from $0 to $2,500.
BTIS can arrange premium financing through Best Choice Premium Finance.
Full Annual Premium
The Producer may withhold commission and remit net payment in full.
The Producer may arrange financing with their vendor of choice.
Available Additional Insured Forms
- Blanket Additional Insured Endorsement Form NX GL 189 (CG 2010 07-04 equivalent)
- Scheduled Additional Insured Endorsement Form NX GL 188 (CG 2010 11-85 equivalent)
- Completed Operations Additional Insured Endorsement Form CG 2037 (CG 3263 in Oregon)
- Engineers, Architects or Surveyors Not Engaged by the Named Insured - CG 2007 (07-04)
- Managers or Lessor of Premise - CG 2011 (01-96)
- State or Political Subdivisions - Permits - CG 2012 (07-98)
- Mortgagee, Assignees or Receiver - CG 2018 (11-85)
- Lessor of Leased Equipment - CG 2028 (07-04)
Contractors Miscellaneous Tools and Small Equipment
- For equipment valued under $1,500
- $5,000 limit
- $1,000 deductible
- Very low premiums
- Multi Policy Credit applied to the AmTrust Inland Marine Coverage when written with the General Liability policy
- The AmTrust Inland Marine policy fee is waived when written with the General Liability policy
NO COVERAGE IS BOUND WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM BUILDERS & TRADESMEN'S INSURANCE SERVICES, INC. (BTIS). BTIS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY REQUEST FOR REINSTATEMENT.